Thunderstorms, winter storms, regular moisture, excess heat, wind and hail, and the age of your dwelling all contribute to the overall condition of your roof. Roofing damage should be addressed as quickly as possible so that it doesn’t lead to more issues affecting the interior of your home. While we don’t recommend getting up on your roof to inspect it up close, we do recommend walking the perimeter of your home to look for signs of roof damage. Use this roof damage checklist to look for potential problems:
- Shingle issues. Are shingles missing, dented, torn, ripped, have dark spots?
- Granules from shingles. Do you see shingle granules on the ground near the perimeter of your home?
- Cracks or dents in siding. Does your siding appear to have cracks, dents or chips?
- Damaged vent caps or flashing. Does your air vents or flashing show visible pock marks or dents?
- Shingles or siding on the ground. Do you see whole or parts of shingles laying on the ground?
- Dented vehicles following a storm. Do you see dents, knicks or cracks on your vehicle or vehicle windows? Check your roof for signs of damage too.
- Depressions in outdoor structures. Do you see dips or depressions in your deck, garage, air conditioner vents or other outdoor structures?
- Issues with gutters and downspouts. Do you see any missing parts or dents in your gutters or downspouts?
- Signs of leaks on the interior. Do you see signs of mold, rust stains or moisture buildup on your roof?
If you see any of the signs listed above, your roof may have damage that should be addressed as quickly as possible before the problem gets worse. In some cases, it may not be necessary to fully replace a damaged roof. Our expert residential roofing contractors will assess the condition of your roof and provide you with an honest assessment of the condition of your roof, including whether you need a repair or full replacement. Warren County homeowners have trusted Warren Thompson & Son Roofing & Siding for roof repair, replacement, and renewal for over 47 years. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our residential roofing experts.